- Discount on classes and events: Members get 10% off classes and workshops booked through Eventbrite and free access to select events. LaunchSpace offers classes and workshops on various topics, providing opportunities for members to learn new skills and techniques.
- Discount on PSS Community Garden beds: Members get 50% off community garden beds at our Pleasant Street School location.
- Access to tools and equipment: Members have access to a variety of tools and equipment that they may not have at home or may not have access to otherwise.
- Community of like-minded individuals: Members will join a community of individuals who are interested in making and creating, providing opportunities for collaboration and learning from others.
- Workspace: The 13,000 makerspace provides lots of room for workspaces where members can work on their projects, freeing up valuable space at home.
- Expertise and advice: LaunchSpace has an amazing team of experienced volunteers and members who are available to provide advice and support on projects, helping members to complete their projects successfully.
- Cost-effective: Being a member of LaunchSpace is more cost-effective than purchasing all the tools and equipment needed for a project individually.
- Building-wide amenities: Access to over 50 businesses located in the Orange Innovation Center with amenities that include a fitness center, brewery, massage therapy, nail salon, hair salon, esthetician, laundromat, and more.
Here are the steps to becoming a member of LaunchSpace Makerspace. Please note that younger kids are allowed to use certain studios with a family membership, but must be 18 or older to become a member and use the makerspace’s equipment without adult supervision.
1. Select Membership Level
Choose one of our membership levels
For Adults 18-64
For Seniors 65+
Active Military & Veterans
For High School Students and Undergraduate College Students Over 18
Card of Culture
Card of Culture
Individuals with Massachusetts issued
EBT, WIC, or ConnectorCare cards
Families of two, three,
or four ages 7+
Up to 5 employees
Additional member options.
- Small Storage Locker ($5/month) Large Storage
- Locker ($10/month). This option allows you to store personal tools and small projects at LaunchSpace so you don’t have to haul them back and forth between home and the makerspace. You will need to provide your own lock.
- Half storage bay is ($10/month)
- Full storage bay ($20/month). This storage option is for larger project/tool storage in the makerspace.
3. Watch Our New Member Orientation
After your membership is approved, you will also schedule a 1-hour on-site New Member Orientation. At the on-site orientation, you’ll take a tour and learn the rules and expectations of the makerspace.
4. Connect with the community
There are many ways to connect with our community. We encourage you to join our Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter, and newsletter list.
5. Get Trained on Tools & Equipment
Many of the tools and equipment at LaunchSpace require trainings before you are allowed to use them. These trainings are free to members (except Intro to Our Wood Shop) and are scheduled as needed. We’ll talk with you about trainings at your Orientation, but you are always encouraged to contact us when you’d like to schedule a training for a new machine.
6. Make things!
Once you have completed the required trainings, you’re free to use LaunchSpace makerspace and equipment during our open hours!
Community Garden Membership
We have (15) community garden beds located at 1060 Pleasant Street, Athol. The Community Garden is open April – November.
The LaunchSpace Community Garden at the Pleasant Street School in Athol offers 8×4 foot raised beds in a fenced in garden area with hose access.
The goal of the community garden is to make gardening and growing food accessible to those without the proper space to do so, to help foster community building, and to contribute to the increase of food security.
Community Garden Membership Includes:
- 4′ x 8′ raised bed Garden plot ready for planting
- Tools and Garden Shed access
- Hose and Water access
- Resources for Gardening Education
We plan to open our Shared Use Commercial Kitchen summer 2024! If you are interested in becoming a member please fill out our form.
Kitchen Membership Includes:
- 24 hour access to the kitchen
- Dry Storage
- Prep space
- Refrigeration & Freezer Space